Do you have a desire to give of your time and talents to help others but aren’t sure how to? Do you find yourself wishing you could do more to serve God and His people but feel you don’t have the education or the experience necessary? Do you have an illness that prevents you from doing a lot but want to help in some small way? Are you retired and looking for a way to make a difference in someone else’s life? Spiritual Care Support Ministries may be just the place for you!
God gives us special abilities to accomplish His purposes on earth and He does that through people. You can use your gifts, interests, and talents in many way. Teens and adults interested in volunteering will be interviewed and asked to complete a volunteer application and background check. Volunteer training is held at the Center. If you are interested in joining our great group of volunteers, please complete our Volunteer Application and mail to SCSM or email to email@example.com
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Below are just some of the ways you could help us. If you have other talents or other areas of interest, please contact us – we can use you!
- Facilitate or co-facilitate support groups
- Teach an inspirational study
- Give individual support to others
- Join our intercessory prayer team
- Write letters and cards of encouragement
- Answer telephones
- Phone outreach and follow-up
- Light housekeeping at the Center
- Visitation: hospital, nursing home, private homes
- Administrative help
- IT support
- Newsletter mailings
- Yard work: planting, weeding, mowing
- Special events
- Event planning
- Light maintenance: painting, minor repairs
- Help with financial education, such as balancing a checkbook
- Music ministry
- Coffee and Conversation host
- Community liaison: attend local meetings, distribute pamphlets and brochures
- Website maintenance
- Grant writer
- Other – you choose!!