Do you have a desire to give of your time and talents to help others but aren’t sure how? Do you find yourself wishing you could do more to serve God and His people but feel you don’t have the education or the experience necessary? Do you have an illness that prevents you from doing a lot but want to help in some small way? Are you retired and looking for a way to make a difference in someone else’s life? Spiritual Care Support Ministries may be just the place for you. We welcome teens and adults!
You can use your gifts, interests, and talents in many areas. The person who in interested in becoming a volunteer will be asked to complete a volunteer application. Once this is completed, you will be interviewed to determine your area of interest. God gives us special abilities to accomplish His purposes on earth and He does that through people. Volunteer training is held at the Center. We all work together as a team at SCSM while we “reach for a hand and touch a heart.”
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Below are just some of the ways you could help us. If you have other talents or other areas of interest, please contact us – we can use you!
- Facilitate or co-facilitate support groups
- Teach an inspirational study
- Give individual support to others
- Join our intercessory prayer team
- Answer telephones
- Follow-up and phone outreach
- Wash and iron tablecloths after events
- Help with light housekeeping at the Center
- Visitation: hospital, nursing home, private homes
- Administrative help
- Assist with mailings
- Write letters and cards of encouragement
- Assist with baking
- Weed flower beds and do other yard work
- Assist with special events
- Do light maintenance at the Center (painting, etc.)
- Help with financial education, such as balancing a checkbook
- Music ministry
- Be a Care Café host or hostess
- Be the community liaison
- Join the strategic planning committee
- Event planning
- Website maintenance
- Grant writer
- Other – you choose!!
If you are interested in joining our great group of volunteers, please complete the Volunteer Application here: